Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sabbat(h)ical

As I sat with a couple of seniors from the magazine, who were here for their convocation, I was reminded that we do certain things only because of two reasons. One, that we're half-decent at it, and two- passion. In accordance with those very words, I realised over the ongoing weekend, that when it comes to this page, I seriously am lacking both. Once proud of having an equally potent appetite for food and reading (which, in case I need to still elaborate, was very), I haven't been into serious, or even casual reading for almost two years now. As far as the passion goes, I can't force myself to churn out a few words that I know wouldn't do justice to those feelings that precipitated them when I read this again.

Ergo, I'll be on a hiatus for some time. I'll do some long-overdue reading, try and bring some juice back into my writing, and come back to doing what I do best- not shutting up.

P.S. - It, ideally, will all begin with completing Rabindranath Tagore's Fireflies and A History of the Thomason Engineering College.

6 comments:

Saagar said...

A hiatus? Why, pray why?
One lazy baster is enough, don't you think?

Anirudh Arun said...

Your post lengths are following a bell curve.

The Decayed Canine said...

You were supposed to give me a copy ofthat book. New year gift? :)

@Lefty,
Why else, Leftykins, why else? Like a moron I know in NY said once: 'Ah, Love.'

Murty said...

I thought I'd not reply to the comments till I post again. But that tall Haddu baster forces me to.

@ Lefty

One? I know you, Dela, Prondu, Bansi, Pranav, and many more!

@ Kondy

Good observation. I'd think it's closer to the torque-speed characteristics of an induction motor, though. Remind me to rubber-stamp this theory next time.

@ Tazo

I'll try and jugado one, if I like it a lot. And I couldn't have made it clearer as to why I'm taking a break.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://qukaconi.freehostyou.com/uduleh.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?