Sunday, August 3, 2008

Deep Thought

You ever wondered when your thoughts are reaching a level you never thought they were capable of? Ever wondered where exactly that place would be, what kind of atmosphere would be around, which people may be there, and what stimulated your mind into reaching the next level?

Well, most obviously, you have better things to do than that so I'd suggest you rather continue fantasising an evening with Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Sample this. A one-and-a half to two hour bus ride from the centre of the city to its vague outskirts, a bunch of (loud) strangers for company, overcast weather, a drab (so-called) summer, and just your empty mind for company. Doesn't exactly make for a great time, does it? But, over the summer just gone by, I realised I thought out my most deep thoughts in that very period. Devising damage-control measures after a few reckless comments, trying to build more torturous ways of wasting web space using this page, and, coming to the point for this post, devising theories.

No, not theories explaining why my ears are a little small (as done earlier by thinking the barber accidentally chopped them off once upon a time), or why my fingers aren't too long (because of me stunting their growth by placing them on an iron), or why two other toes of mine were longer than the Big toe.

Rather, theories like the great 'How 42?' theory (explained here), now well-known as Murty's Law.

Or, the latest one. I now choose this lowly-regarded piece-of-junk blog to state one of the most Idiot-I-always-knew-it theories which will never ever change the fact that the first thing you feel in your eye every single day when you get up is some solidified yellow thing.

When do you know a guy's getting older?
When he starts answering more questions than he asks.

And, before I'm accused of being a male chauvinist, when do you know a girl/lady's getting older?
When she asks more questions than she answers.

Now, before you head for that sink, just try and appreciate the effort put in to think about this on a boring, albeit visually appealing, and long bus ride.

P.S.- Possible names for the theory suggested.

P.P.S.- Don't call me names.

P.P.P.S.- Honestly, all the geeky jokes apart, think about it.

Got more to add: (comes here as it isn't at all related to the post) I totally adore Minissha Lamba and Isha Sharvani. Now, add Prachi Desai to the list. She looks perfectly pretty in the 'Rock On!!' promos.

P.P.P.P.S.- Yes, you may now head to the sink. Without falling four/six times on the way.

(Late edit) Even if I wanted to, I could never make money off this!

7 comments:

The One said...

The detective speaks ...

You have got a girlfriend ...
No.

Then you must be picking out that yellow thing from your eyes...
No.

You suddenly realized you have started growing ...

Or this is another hard-to-understand creation of your mind...

Or its simply the chakkar of dil, dosti, etc.

but now it simply looks, it is a part of i-always-knew-it theory that i can crap.

about u, dunno ?
or may be i know ...

Murty said...

Huh? (a convoluted expression somewhere between a what-the-bleep and oh, accha?)

Anonymous said...

deep.....thou...
just now I realized

(1)most of the I always-knew-theories strike better than Oh-I-just-came-to-know ones.

and Prachi Desai...nice....

Amit... said...

I think the best application of your theory would be to identify sex of an IITian. Since there is no visible or known way till now to identify females in IIT, your theory may actually gives non-males their proper identities as females.

Btw, I've heard this year Kasturba is brimming with ladies.

Murty said...

@Rahul
True. Very true.
(respectively)

@Dang

Interesting application. Alas! Yet again, I fail to patent my theory before I blabber about it!

As for KB, 71/81(?)! Good that I'm born in 1990!

Vikesh said...

Just when i was thinking (in that higher level of course) of suggesting you to rename your blog to "The GREEK speaks...or rather types" you come up with rather legible posts, which happens to be a compliment.
Good post as usual.


ssshh....Just to mention, many guys think of you first thing in the morning! Enjoy!

Murty said...

@Vikesh

Escuse moi? You CS guys...

As for the last part, guys thinking about me first thing in the morning doesn't really make me feel very comfortable...As a great once said "I'm not really that much a true Jedi"