Saturday, October 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home...

Long time spent at a master’s. A bite in the canteen. A long way back cycling with a flat back tyre.

Back to the hostel. Watching friends blowing others’ heads off. Another long cycle ride. And back.

Mates sleeping, me readying for a long night. Orkut open in one tab, Wikipedia in another.

Chatting with friends not seen for a long time. Burning ROMs with Nero’s help.


Two and a half hours left for departure. Packing begins, drowsily. A pack of biscuits greedily gobbled up.

Long chats with Mom on the phone in the early hours of the morning. More biscuits being devoured.

A sip of water, a brief goodbye to the room, a hasty signature and a rickety rickshaw ride.

Long time at the railway station, spent peering curiously at strangers I seem to know.

A brief glimpse of a short crush. Three trains, four phone calls and a noisy boarding later, I’m in my seat.

A brief chat, an SMS home and another brief chat. Sleep at long last.

Little time spent with Dad, more in the waiting area and, I’ve boarded again.


More sleep, struggle for space to stretch notwithstanding. 3 phone calls, an SMS to a friend not seen in almost 9 years and a car ride back home.

Home.

A well-needed bath. A car ride to a sandwich-selling franchise. The beach.

The beach.

An unexpected wash-up, some shaking off of sand and 5 rounds of gol-gappas with Big B.

Big B. Long time, no see.


It’s great being back home. Bliss.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. I am moved by your poignant tale of homecoming. Now it is time for you to learn an important lesson.

Lit commandment No.3
Thou shalt not desecrate a master's name, nick or as such.

Anonymous said...

the laptop summoned.
web page visited.
a smile.
murti finally types...
a minute passed......
a smirk
i cannot go home.......

Anonymous said...

@Rapu
You still blog?

And desecrate? Did I miss something?

Murty said...

@Rapu
I thought this pronunciation is pretty popular... Anyway, info for you, too, master:

Lit commandment no. 69171(which happens to be my favourite 5-digit number)
Nyah na na nyah nyah!

Murty said...

@Rahul
It's a Y at the end, please.
And, screw you (inter-iit) guys, I'm goin' home!

@D(h)ila
Check out Rapu's name in me blog list...

Murty said...

@Raps again.

Yeah, I just happened to remember why I wrote your name, rather, nickname like that- BH3 anyone?

Offended greatly, to say the least.

Tit for tat! (Pun(s) avoided)

Anonymous said...

I'd explain, but it's too profane.

Saagar said...

Ok. Now your page looks different. I'm thinking of making a bet with myself on how long it'll look this way.

Murty said...

@Lefty

I planned it for one post. Just one.
If I happen to pen some verse, maybe one more post. Let's see. You know, as strange as it may sound, you might as well call a wager with me! Honestly, even I wouldn't know!